Peanut Butter Soup
The first time I tried this recipe, my family devoured it. If you like a peanut/Thai flavor – you’ll love this quick soup.
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup onion – diced and saute’d
1 cup half and half, or milk, or soy milk, or coconut milk!
dash hot sauce (optional)
dash of lime juice (optional)
pinch of lemon grass (optional)
- If you’re using the onions, saute them first. Dump everything together into the pot, heat to just boiling and then puree’ it with the stick blender.
- If you don’t have a stick, puree it in your blender first and then heat it up!
- This works just as well in the microwave.
- Adjust the seasonings to your family’s tastes.
- Simple, elegant, fast. I think it makes a better first course than an entire meal, but if you’re looking for a quick meal that tastes sinfully decadent, this is it!