From Home Cooked Meals | Side Dishes | Indian
cal Calories 153kcal
fat Total Fat 6g
Low sat-fat Saturated Fat 1g
Low chol Cholesterol 27mg
sodium Sodium 436mg
carbs Total Carbohydrate 22g
Serving size 133g Calories from fat 54kcal Fiber 3g Protein 4g Sugar 2g
3 large white potatoes (grated into water to cover so they stay white)
1 medium onion, grated or cut fine
1 1/3 tsp cumin seed
1/2 tsp ground tumeric
2 tbsp sesame oil (light)
2 tsp ground coriander
1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
1/3 tsp ground red chile pepper or 1/3 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp pepper
1/3 cup fine sliced green onion
1/3 cup minced cilantro
1 1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup white flour
1 egg (beaten)
2-4 tbsp sesame or vegetable oil for frying
- Drain the potato and add the onion.
- In a small saucepan or skillet, toast the cumen and tumeric in sesame oil until fragrant. Add to the potato mixture. Add all of the other ingredients and mix with your hands. Cover and let it sit for about 15-20 minutes.
- Coat a medium high skillet with oil.
- 3 tbsp of the mix makes about a 4″ pancake. Cook 2-4 minutes on each side until they are brown and firm.
- This makes about 15 pancakes.
- Serve this one with Raita for a nice cool sauce.