Hot Dog and Hamburger Buns
Once you’ve tried these homemade hamburger and hot dog buns, you may never want store bought again.
2 cups warm milk (around 110 degrees Fahrenheit)
1/4 cup butter (melted)
1/4 cup warm water (around 110 degrees Fahrenheit)
1/4 cup sugar
4 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
2 teaspoons salt
6 cups all purpose flour — may need more or less
- Mix the milk, butter, water, sugar and yeast together and let it foam for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the salt and the flour together, then kneed into the liquid until you have a soft dough. Divide into about 25 servings and form into the right shape.
- Bake on a baking sheet or a stone. Place them on the sheet about 2-3 inches apart and let the dough rest and rise for about 20 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
- This should actually make 25 servings, but the system is limited to 20.